Thursday, December 8, 2011

That's Bananas -- by Maddy




Anyone who knows me knows I am obsessed with banana bread.  It makes the perfect breakfast, lunch, linner, dinner, midnight snack ... you get the idea.  It's the perfect food.  But it's got lots of sugar, and sometimes I don't have an hour to bake a loaf of banana bread and cram it full of chocolate chips, or blueberries (thanks Aida for that fabulous idea).  What to do?  Make Pancakes instead.  If you know me you know I love my chocolate chip buttermilk pancakes in the morning, but my mama isn't here to make them -- so why not combine the two and be in heaven for the day?

Here's the recipe -- it is Manda friendly, and for full disclosure, I scoured the internet and found this beauty.  And if you want someone to get out of bed, start making these and they'll come runnin'.  I would definitely make these puppies again -- and they totally rock with chocolate chips in them.

Banana Bread Pancakes

Serves 1

Ingredients:
1 large ripe banana
1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon agave nectar (I only had honey, worked fine!)
2 Tablespoons whisked egg
1 Tablespoon melted butter
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup minus 1 Tablespoon self-rising flour (I use Wondra but you can totally make your own)

Directions:
Mash banana in a medium sized bowl then whisk in agave nectar, egg, butter, cinnamon and vanilla.




Fold in flour, then cook on a non-stick sprayed flat top skillet until done.





Note: Don't have ripe bananas?  Don't worry, you don't have to wait five days to make this. In order to ripen bananas quickly, freeze them for an hour.  You can then nuke them for about 30 seconds, and voila!  Ripe bananas.








Now that's a breakfast of champions.

2 comments:

  1. Just thought I'd let you know...Amanda and I are making banana bread and I only had TWO ripe bananas but needed THREE so I remembered this blog post and consulted it to complete my recipe! So handy!!

    ReplyDelete