Friday, December 2, 2011

I need Brownies! - by Manda

Removing sugar from baked goods presents a unique challenge, one that involves chemistry.  We're good at chemistry thanks to our awesome chemistry teacher, Tina.  My nutritionist removed sugar from my diet  Wait?  What?  Seriously?  Yep, she did.  So, I have been without sugar all week.  Oldest sister, Maille, suggested I try Truvia as a substitute.  I went to their website, found the product, found a recipe and here is the recipe and what I thought of it.  Recipe courtesy of those nice people at Truvia.


Not so Sugary Brownies


Manda's take on the recipe:  There were only three oz. of chocolate in the recipe, and they definitely cried out for more chocolate -- next time I will probably put in four oz.  I liked them, in fact, they'll do all right.  I didn't have all purpose flour, so I used bread flour -- probably a mistake because of the different gluten content -- so they came out really dense.  Next time I will use AP -- and I will make them again.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, I think there are significant changes I'd make to this recipe! Canola oil, bleh! We need to get the GMO out of your diet ASAP, and other capital letters. <3 What's the verdict on chocolate, anyway? I know I can't eat a lot of it...

    ReplyDelete